Veteran Health Indiana
Pharmacy, Medications and Refills
Your VA pharmacy does not do automatic refills. For more information, read this document.
The Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center pharmacy processes over 100,000 prescriptions monthly. Many of these prescriptions are filled by the Central Mailout Pharmacy (CMOP).
Prescriptions may be refilled by phone and internet, or with the form that is included with your prescriptions. Mail your refill slips to: Attn: Pharmacy Dept. 119, Indianapolis VAMC, 1481 W. 10th St. Indianapolis, IN 46202-2803
AUTOMATED REFILL PHONE LINE
To get your refills on time, all refills should be ordered at least 10 days prior to when needed. Please call one of the following numbers:
- Within area code (317), 988-4370
- Outside of area code (317), call 888-878-6889 X84370
INTERNET REFILL INFORMATION
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet program. You will need a user id and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by creating your personal profile. My HealtheVet also has drug information.
Please remember to refill prescriptions at least two weeks in advance using one of these methods:
- Telephone (please have your SSN and prescription numbers available):
- Automated: 317-988-4370; this automated line is available 365/24/7
- Pharmacy Call Center: 317-988-4370; Monday thru Friday 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Return refill slips enclosed with order as soon as possible; refill will be mailed ten days prior need.
- MyHealtheVet (note, you must register with the Release of Information Office prior to use)
We are committed to reducing customer waiting times by mailing medications to our Veterans. All refills, and almost all new medications, are mailed from the Pharmacy - this eliminates the inconvenience of waiting in the Medical Center for your prescription.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Inpatient Pharmacy (inpatient hospitalized Veterans only)
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Pharmacy Call Center
- Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Pharmacy Administration Office
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All of the above services, except for the inpatient pharmacy, are closed on all federal holidays.
- If you are out of refills, contact the Pharmacy Call Center at (317) 988-4370. Listen for the "speak to an attendant" option. The Pharmacy does not do automatic refills: MORE INFORMATION
This clinic is run by clinical pharmacists that provide monitoring and follow-up of veterans on anticoagulants such as warfarin. The Anticoagulation Clinic is located within the red building at 2669 Cold Springs Road, Indianapolis, IN 46222
Clinical pharmacists assist providers in disease state management of veterans with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, oncology, renal disease, psychiatric care, smoking cessation, chronic conditions, and chronic pain.
Pharmacy also provides post-graduate training for pharmacists. The service offers a PGY-1 pharmacy practice program, which was established in 1997. This program offers a wide variety of opportunities in areas such as: primary and specialty ambulatory care clinics, pharmacist-run clinics, internal medicine, medical and surgical intensive care, medication safety, psychology, oncology, academia, and administration. Opportunities are also available for teaching at both Butler and Purdue University Colleges of Pharmacy. The Indianapolis VA also provides a non-traditional PGY-1 training program. In addition to the PGY-1 programs, the department provides a diverse offering of specialized PGY-2 opportunities in the following areas: ambulatory care, ambulatory care/education, internal medicine, and health-system pharmacy administration.
My HealtheVet Prescription Delivery Tracking
Most mail order prescriptions are not filled at the Indianapolis VA, but are sent from the VA Consolidated Mail Order Pharmacy (CMOP) in either Chicago, Illinois or Charleston, South Carolina. Prescriptions may take up to 7 – 10 days for prescriptions to arrive to your home from the time of ordering.
Did you know?
You have the ability to track when your medications from CMOP will arrive!
My HealtheVet offers prescription delivery tracking and e-mail notifications through the United States Postal Service (USPS) for medicines being mailed from CMOP.
To set up prescription tracking and e-mail notifications in My HealtheVet or to see what the USPS tracking e-mails look like, please see the attached handouts.
For any questions regarding the use of My HealtheVet please contact:
My HealtheVet Help Desk: 877-327-0022
Mobile Help Desk: 844-482-6624
8A-8P EST Monday-Friday (excluding federal holidays)
For any questions regarding your prescriptions please contact:
Pharmacy Call Center: 317-988-4370
7:30A-5:30P Monday - Friday
- VAMC, 1st floor, across from Coffee Shop
Hours of Operation
- Outpatient Pharmacy, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.