Veteran Health Indiana
Telehealth is a tool we use to help you learn better self management skills for chronic illnesses like diabetes, congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), hypertension, depression or post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD ).
What make Telehealth so valuable to you?
- Saves trips to the medical center;
- Puts you in control of your health care;
- Keeps you on track with your treatment plan with daily reminders and encouragement;
- Improves management of chronic illnesses;
Less hospitalizations and ER visits
How does it work?
Telehealth is a way of extending care into your home by using technology. There is no charge for participating in telehealth.
The right care, at the right time, in the right place
We do this in several ways. You might be asked about your blood pressure, blood sugar or weight. The information is monitored daily, and if needed, changes in your treatment can be made by phone. Instead of waiting for your next visit, you can get answers to your questions, and your health care team can keep a closer watch on your health when you use your telehealth monitor daily. All from home in about 5-10 minutes a day.
How do I find out if Telehealth is right for me?
Here are some things that tell us you might be a candidate for Telehealth:
• Working land line and electricity, or cell phone.
• Willingness to perform daily sessions.
• Have a chronic illness such as diabetes, heart failure, COPD, hypertension, depression or PTSD.
• Want to improve overall health, including learning more about weight management.
• Have had one or more hospitalizations in the past year; six or more primary care clinic visits in the past year; two or more ER visits in the past year.
Ask your doctor or nurse for more information, or contact your primary health provider.
Current CVT services include:
Mental Health, including group and individual therapy and rehabilitation services
Nutrition & Dietary
Spinal Cord Injury
MOVE (weight management)
- Chronic Kidney Disease
Outpatient Substance Use programs
Pre and Post Surgery clinical services
TELEMENTAL HEALTH (317) 988-3551
- Indianapolis VAMC, C wing, 1st floor, C-1183
Hours of Operation
- 7:30am to 4:30 pm