Veteran Health Indiana
Open Access Scheduling
What is Open Access Scheduling?
Open Access is a new system that will make it easier to see your primary care provider at a time convenient for you.
How Does It Work?
During your clinic visit, your provider will talk to you about follow-up appointments. For example, you and your provider may decide that you only need to be seen once or twice a year, unless you have an urgent need. We may not schedule a return appointment the same day as your visit, unless you choose to do so.
When it is time for your next visit, you will receive a postcard from us asking you to make a same-day appointment. On the day you’d like to see your provider, call the number on the card. You will be given an appointment that same day, or you may talk to a nurse first.
How Can Open Access Scheduling Help You?
- You will be able to see your provider, without a lengthy wait;
- Your appointment will be on a day that works best for you and your provider;
- Rescheduling appointments will be less likely.
What Do You Need to Do?
- You will receive a reminder in the mail telling you to call for your next appointment;
- On the day you want to be seen, call the number on the postcard. You may call as early as 8:00 am in the morning, on the day you want to be seen;
- Make sure your telephone number, address and insurance information is correct;
- If you have a problem or concern that you want to discuss with your provider call the Patient Response Center (PRC) at (317) 988-1772.
ALWAYS call before coming to the clinic. Please do not walk-in.
- Patient Response Center
Hours of Operation
- 8 am - 4 pm