Veteran Health Indiana
The Anticoagulation Clinic assists patients taking medications that help to thin the blood. These medications are used to help prevent blood clots. To ensure patient safety, anticoagulation therapy typically requires close monitoring
The Anticoagulation clinic is staffed by clinical pharmacy specialists. The pharmacists, working in conjunction with your physician, will monitor and adjust the dose of your blood thinner as needed. The Anticoagulation Clinic is located next to Larue D. Carter Memorial Hospital at 2669 Cold Spring Road, behind the Veterans House in Building 43. DOWNLOAD MAP.
What you can expect from your clinic visit
- Continued patient or family education about anticoagulation therapy;
- Screening and counseling for drug-drug and food-drug interactions;
- Close monitoring for effectiveness of therapy and potential side effects;
- Perform necessary laboratory testing;
- Medication management of anticoagulants for upcoming procedures
To enroll in the clinic, please contact your primary care provider.
Click here for additional information about refilling your prescriptions during the COVID-19 crisis.
Anticoagulation/Blood Thinner Education Resources
https://www.strokeassociation.org/en/health-topics/atrial-fibrillation (American Stroke Association)*
https://www.stoptheclot.org (National Blood Clot Alliance)*
2669 Cold Spring Road, Indianapolis 46222
- 888-878-6889 Ext. 81866
Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri, 7AM - 4PM
Sat and Sun CLOSED