Contact the Veteran Health Indiana - Veteran Health Indiana
Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

Veteran Health Indiana


Contact the Veteran Health Indiana

Veteran Health Indiana offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation's Veterans. For additional contact information you may also view our phone directory or A to Z List of Services. For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) services, Dial 711.


The Indianapolis VA Medical Center Police Service can be contacted at (317) 988-2200 or (317) 988-2431. In case of emergency, call 911.

Patient Response Center (PRC)

Please contact our telephone service line if you need medical advice, have a question about your medication, or need to schedule a non-urgent appointment. Your location determines which number to use.

  • Within area code (317), 988-1PRC (1772)
  • Outside of area code (317), call 888-878-6889

Schedule an Appointment

To schedule an appointment, please call us at the Patient Response Center (listed above).  You can visit our appointments page for more info, or visit My HealtheVet.

Patient Representative

 The Patient Advocate and Veteran Experience Program is established to promote positive experiences for all our Veterans.  A fundamental value in  VHA is for all our Veterans and their families, who are served in or through VHA facilities and clinics, to have their priorities and needs addressed in a proactive, convenient, and timely manner. Their contact information is available on our customer service page.

If you have an ethics concern, please review this information: Integrated Ethics

Compensation and Pension

To speak with someone in compensation and pension:

  • Within area code (317), 988-2446
  • Outside of area code (317), call 888-878-6889, ask for extension 82446

Release of Information

If you need to get information from your medical records, please contact our Release of Information Office.

Inquiry Routing and Information System

VA has established an inquiry routing and information system which provides answers to frequently-asked questions. You may also use this system to submit a comment, question, or concern.

Returning Service Members

Returning Service Members can find lots of information on the Returning Service Members Home Page.

Former Prisoners Of War

Our Former Prisoners of War (FPOW) Advocate can provide special assistance to former POWs. Contact Monica Connelly at (317) 988-1407.

Veteran Justice

Judi Green, (317) 988-1407

News Media

Members of the news media should contact our Office of Communications at (317) 988-2310. The Public Affairs representatives are Mark Turney (317) 987-9052 and Angela Taylor (317) 987-9052.

News and Media web page

Toll free numbers:

Use these free phone numbers to contact a variety of agencies in the VA, Health, Benefits and Burial/Memorial.


To report problems with this website, please contact the Webmaster.